So the comic pretty much explains it all. I experienced technical difficulties. The comic was finished, I just needed to do a final save and send Boo a jpg preview of it for approval, but a thunderstorm was brewing. The power didn’t completely go out, but it made the lights flicker a few times, and there was a sufficient lack of current at the exact moment I was saving the file for everything to shut down and reset immediately.
This resulted in a corrupted file. Meaning the program only had time to write a partial file, so when you try to open it, it tells you it simply can’t. I spent two hours trying to find programs or tools that would help me recover it in its totality or at least partially. I managed to repair it so I could actually open it, but it was a garbled mess. The best I got was being able to see the actual thumbnail of the image, but the quality obviously wasn’t there and there was no way I could actually extract the image.
So I made this strip instead, I know it’s a cheap cop out but I was seriously angry at myself for not saving a backup copy of the file earlier, and I couldn’t muster the motivation to start the whole thing over again.
PS: Yes, there was a cat, and I was really proud of its design. This is pretty much the reason why I couldn’t get myself to start it over again. I’ll give it another shot for Wednesday’s strip though!